Swansway Motor Group COVID-19 Update
Re-open for Sales and Service
Swansway is a family-owned and run business, we’re committed to looking after our staff and customers as we would our own family. Following on from government guidelines we re-opened our servicing centres on the 11th May and on the 1st June re-opened our showrooms again. Strict social distancing measures will be adhered to throughout the showroom and we kindly ask that you follow all instructions sign posted around our showroom to ensure you, other customers and our staff stay safe.
*Important* - Don't forget to wear a mask!
It is mandatory for customers to wear a face covering upon entering a Swansway Motor Group dealership. In line with Government guidelines, that came into effect on the 23rd September, all of our staff in customer facing roles will also be required to wear one.
For those who feel more comfortable not venturing into our showrooms we are still offering our buy online and click and collect service for vehicle sales.
If you need assistance, please call our dedicated support team on 01270 444140, contact us via live chat or email [email protected].
In order to protect the health of all of our employees and customers the information below is provided as general guidance during the Coronavirus outbreak.
This guidance must be read and adhered to. If you have any concerns regarding our processes during your visit please raise them with the staff member accompanying you during your visit.
During the global pandemic we have all had to learn to adjust to new situations and procedures.
This is no different at our Swansway dealerships. Our short video shows you the measures we have taken to help ensure the wellbeing of both our customers, and our teams, as well as what you can expect when you do visit our sites.
- Where possible we would request that your visit is by a prior arranged appointment. In order to ensure the minimum number of visitors in our building at any one time, we will endeavour to stagger appointments and collection times.
- At this time, we are not offering a collection and delivery or loan car service.
- We politely request that no more than two people are present within your party attending our site.
- Prior to your appointment, please empty your vehicle of all belongings (i.e loose change, toys or child seats, drink bottles, media kit).
- Upon attendance at our site you will be required to wear a face mask or face covering within the showroom. We politely request that where possible you bring your own face mask or face covering. Our sites will have disposable masks available, however for both hygiene and environmental reasons it would be preferable if you could provide your own.
- As part of a duty of care to our employees, to promote compliance with the law and to maintain a relationship of trust and confidence with our customers, the company reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone not wearing a facemask or face covering prior to entering a Swansway location.
- Please ensure that you have your payment card. You may be encouraged to make a payment over the phone.
- If you are carrying out a service visit, please ensure that you have noted your vehicle mileage prior to entering the building.
- Currently, your vehicle will not be washed or vacuumed. Our teams will wear a mask and gloves at all times when inside your vehicle. Any touchpoints will be sanitised.
- During your visit you will be requested to follow any one-way system and all social distancing measures and ensure that you remain two metres apart from other customers and our employees at all times. Signage is provided to assist you during your visit.
- Upon arrival in reception we may request to carry out a temperature check using a forehead thermometer. Anyone displaying symptoms of Coronavirus or a temperature above 37.8 degrees centigrade will be requested to leave the premises and return at a later date.
- You will be requested to use the hand sanitiser or wash your hands within our toilet facilities prior to continuing your visit.
- Disposable gloves are available if required.
- If you are remaining on site with us you will be asked to wait in the customer waiting area. This has been arranged to ensure that a suitable distance is maintained between yourselves and any other customers also waiting on site.
- Children’s play areas are closed during this period
- During this period our drinks dispensing facilities will not be available; feel free to bring your own.
- Newspapers, magazines and other reading material have been removed.
- You should only return to the customer service desk when requested to do so.
- If you wish to dispose of any gloves and facemask prior to departure, a colleague will direct you to the waste facilities.
If you purchased a vehicle from one of our dealerships and were due to collect it before lockdown, we will get in touch to arrange a collection date for you to pick up your car now our showrooms have re-opened.
If you have any questions about a vehicle you have already collected, or one you are awaiting collection of, please contact our support team on 01270 444140.
Accompanied Test Drives
- Temperature checks will be conducted on employees at the start of each working day. Customers are also subject to a temperature check on arrival.
- The demonstrator vehicle will be sanitised before and after the test drive takes place
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How do I contact my local dealership?
All of our showrooms are now open (Excluding Wrexham Volkswagen and Volkswagen Van Centre in Wrexham) and you can get in touch with us online or by phone.
Alternatively you can contact us via live chat 24/7 for any queries you may have .
Q. I was due to collect my new car before you closed; can I still collect it?
If you purchased a vehicle from one of our dealerships before we closed our showrooms, we are now able to offer a click and collect service. This will be done in accordance with the latest government guidelines and adhering to social distancing measures at all times.
Our sales team will contact you shortly to organise the handover of your new vehicle.